- The Future of European Independent Art Spaces in a Period of Socially Engaged Art (FEINART) (Marie Curie ITN). Benedikt Hjartarson, Björn Þorsteinsson and Jón Ólafsson, Centre for Research in the Humanities. Funded 2020-2024.
- Household Ecology. Consumption and Wellbeing in Early Modern Iceland (HECoW) (Marie Curie IF). Ágústa Edwald Maxwell, Institute of History. Funded 2017-2019.
- CLARIN - European Research Infrastructure for Language Resources and Technology (infrastructure). Eiríkur Rögnvaldsson, Institute of Linguistics.
(language technology). Eiríkur Rögnvaldsson, Institute of Linguistics.
- Neuro-Enhancement: Responsible Research and Innovation (NERRI) (Science in Society). Salvör Nordal, Centre for Ethics.
- The Untold Story. An Oral History of the Roma People in Romania (UnToRo) (with Babeş-Bolyai University in Romania). Guðmundur Hálfdanarson, Institute of History. Funded 2014-2017.
- Gender Equality in the Workforce: Reconciling work, private and family life in Greek Industries. Kristín Ingibjörg Pálsdóttir, RIKK. Funded 2016-2018.
- Transnational MOOCs on Gender, Development, and Post-Conflict States. Thomas Brorsen Smidt, GEST (PI). Funded 2020-2022.
- European landscapes of transhumance (PECUS). Árni Daníel Júlíusson, Institute of History. Funded 2020-2022.
- Free from Addiction, Safe from Abuse (FASA). Kristín Ingibjörg Pálsdóttir, RIKK. Funded 2020-2022.
- CALOHEE Phase II project (CALOHE2). Guðmundur Hálfdanarson, Institute of History. Funded 2020-2022.
- Virtual Education Experience in Extended Nordic Context (VIEDEX). Lars-Göran Evert Johansson, Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages.
- Gender and Philosophy: Developing learning and teaching practices to include underrepresented groups. Sigríður Þorgeirsdóttir, Institute of Philosophy (PI).
- Lexicography and Open Access Web Based Dictionaries for Languages with Few Speakers. Auður Hauksdóttir, Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages (PI).
Other European Funders
- PRINCIPLE (funded by CEF-TELECOM). Gauti Kristmannsson, Centre for Translation Studies:
- MARISSA (funded by EU-JUST). Kristín Ingibjörg Pálsdóttir, RIKK.
North American Funds
- Comparative Island Ecodynamics in the North Atlantic (NSF, USA). Orri Vésteinsson, Institute of History. Funded 2014-2019.
- Building Cyberinfrastructure to Enable Interdisciplinary Research on the Long-Time Human Ecodynamics of the North Atlantic (RIDIR) (NSF, USA). Emily Lethbridge, Institure of Research in Literature and Visual Arts. Funded 2016-2020.
- The Archaeology of Settlement and Abandonment of Svalbarð, Iceland (SSHRC, Canada). Orri Vésteinsson, Institute of History.